The Compassion Cultivating Training program trains people and groups to move through life and its challenges with a steady mind, courage, and resilience from a place of connection and inner strength.
CCT is an 8-week course, including:
- Weekly 2-hour class, with lectures, discussions, & in-class interactive exercises
- Daily meditation practices that progress from week to week
- “Homework” to help you move new practices into long term habits
Research has shown CCT can lead to:
- Job satisfaction
- Decrease prejudices and biases
- Compassion for self and others
Dr Gama Lima will be scheduling workshops for the fall in the Greater Phoenix area.
8-week CCT workshop
Week 1 Steady & calm the mind
Week 2 Loving-kindness & compassion for a loved one
Week 3 Compassion for oneself
Week 4 Loving-kindness for oneself
Week 5 Common humanity & developing appreciation for others
Week 6 Compassion for others
Week 7 Active compassion practice
Week 8 Integrated daily compassion cultivation practice
This 8-week training developed at Stanford University Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE).